How do I get Windows Media Player 12?
Plays more media in more places
- Click the Start button, type features, and then select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Expand Media Features and see whether the Windows Media Player check box is selected.
- Click OK and then restart your PC.
- After your PC has restarted, repeat step 1.
How do I fix Windows Media Player?
How to Reinstall Windows Media Player in Windows 7, 8, or 10 to Solve Problems
- Step 1: Uninstall Windows Media Player. Open up Control Panel and type “windows features” into the search box, and then click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- Step 2: Reboot. That is all.
- Step 3: Turn Windows Media Player Back On.
What is a WMP file?
What is a WMP file? Windows Media Photo, or “WMPhoto,” image format developed by Microsoft; stores a raster image in a format similar to a .JPG; supports black and white, RGB, CMYK, or multi-channel graphic formats; also supports lossy and lossless compression optimized for digital photos.
Does Microsoft still support Windows Media Player?
Microsoft is removing a feature from the media players in older versions of Windows. As Windows 7 is now nearing the end of extended support, the company is no longer going to officially support the metadata service in Windows Media Player and Media Center.